Blogger Templates

Monday, August 2, 2010

A New Poem

The other day I was on a loss board when I found this poem. The woman that wrote it lost her son Blayze on January 25, 2010. I asked her if I could share her poem here and she said that would be fine, so here it is...I think you will all really like it, it's a beautiful, heart touching poem.

Mama you look sad today
I wish it weren’t so
I know it’s because you love me
But had to let me go

I’ve made a lot of friends
They’re angel babies too
We laugh and sing and play
The fun is never through

One day will come
And my name they’ll say
“It’s your turn, the time is here
Your mama comes today”

Please do not rush to me
That day will come due
Until then I’ll play and sing
And learn all about you

My grandmas tell me stories
My grandpas sing to me too
They talk of you and my daddy
And the things you used to do

I know it sounds so busy
But time is different here
In your heart and on your mind
I am always near.

Katie Finn

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I am ve-clempt. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete