Blogger Templates

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Penguin

I'm not a huge super hero movie buff. I don't really care for most action movies actually...Well, I love the Transformers movies, but those are different, of course! But, when I was young I did enjoy such movies, and Batman Returns was one of my favorites. I liked cat woman, and batman is cool, but my favorite was the penguin. I don't know why, I've just always thought he was funny in a tragic sort of way.
There was one line from that movie that I always remembered and used to say now and then.

"Still, could be worse, my nose could be gushing blood." And then of course he laughs and bites someone's nose.

It's become a bit of a motto of mine. I've actually only ever had one nose bleed in my life, so I feel like it kind of fits for me. It's something to say, something to think, when something terrible has happened. It makes me realize that I can take this in, deal with it and move forward, because it COULD be worse. I don't think that acknowledging that takes anything away from my own grief and my own terrible situations of course, it just makes it easier to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment