Blogger Templates

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

This is it, the last second holiday without Alexandra. I can't help but look back over the last two years and think about how far I fell and how far I've come. In the last year I learned what it's like to rise above the grief and see things clearly. To incorporate my daughter into my life in a positive way, to make happy memories that include her, not in the way I wanted, but in the way I can.
I still have bad days, sad days, lonely days; days where I wake up and think...this isn't MY life, it  can't be. Some things are still hard, other things have come surprisingly easy, but no matter what, here I am, Alexandra's mom, no matter what.
I am wishing all of the loss families out there a peaceful and gentle Easter. I hope that those who are in the thick of their grief are able to see that, it will never be the same, but there is some hope out there.


1 comment: